Monday, November 5

The Mystery, part 1


Reaching a gloved hand out, the figure swathed in black opened the cupboard. The door swung silently open--only to have ten pots come clattering out. Barking began in another room of the house, and a scream rang out. The figure silently shook its fist, then hastily left the house.


Upstairs, a person came rushing into a bedroom, flashlight on. The occupant of the bedroom was sitting up in her bed. The person entering the bedroom spoke. "Are you alright, Ms. Twurthy? I heard you scream."

The elderly woman clicked a flashlight on. "I'm fine. Was it another burglary?"

The first person shrugged. "I don't know yet. I just wanted to make sure you were alright."

A knock sounded on the door. "You may come in," Ms. Twurthy called. The door moved open and a man dressed in karate-style clothes stepped in, holding a flashlight.

"It was another burglar, Boss," he said, addressing the person who had entered the bedroom first. "Whoever it was tried to get in through the kitchen, but the noise and the dog barking must have scared them off."

"Did you manage to get a look at them, Alec?" inquired the first person.

Alec shook his head ruefully. "No, I'm afraid not. I think they must have cut the power again, since none of the lights will turn on."

"Well, please go get it turned back on."

As Alec left, the first person turned to Ms. Twurthy. "Do you think it will be alright to meet me downstairs in the library in a few minutes?"

Ms. Twurthy nodded. "Certainly. I wasn't going to be able to get to sleep anyway."

I hope you enjoyed the beginning to this new post series! If you want to know more of the background, check out the label "Burglar"--P.B.



No comments:

Post a Comment