Monday, March 25

Locked Away|secrets & stories Linkup!

I'm doing a link-up with Storyteller!
And it's a journal entry with the theme of sadness.

June 21, 1835
Dear Journal,
This is so hard. I don't want to move. But we have to. Mother says we can't stay here anymore. It's too dry. We're too poor too keep on farming. I guess a lot of people have had to leave their farms this year, and we're just another family. But I love our farm! Even though nothing is growing this year, it's beautiful. And what will happen to our horses? I know them all, and love them.

I am writing from my secret place under the big tree. Will I have a secret place where we are going? Where are we going? I don't know. I don't even know if Father knows. What is going to happen to us? I hear Mother calling. We have to leave. I shall hide this diary under the tree, and I will come back. Goodbye, my home.

Farewell.
Mary O'Connor
 

2 comments: